8 great reasons why you should use a cloud-based collaborative platform to develop eLearning content
I am an unashamed QuickLessons fan – mostly because it enables one to easily create rich, engaging eLearning content. But I think the top eight reasons that an “in the cloud” collaboration platform is the way to go are:
- Contract the best developers, irrespective of where they are located – Having worked for a couple of eLearning development houses, I have access to a team of skilled developers who are no longer employed by the companies in question, but are available for contract work. They are based in Cape Town, South Africa, but it really doesn’t matter where they are. The contracting organization still maintains complete control.
- Global companies can ensure that content reflects the diversity of their workforce by using developers from different geographic locations. This is very important to ensure that learners aren’t affected by a regional bias. The same applies to content reviewers.
- Use resources – money or people – to develop quality content, not manage computer facilities. We know it is a general benefit of cloud-based services but learning and development departments really don’t want to be bothered with supporting technology – or having the stress of trying to get the IT department to do so.
- Creativity and innovation flourish – when your developers are working together. At the company I worked with recently, I sat amidst the courseware developers and it struck me how they “fed off” each other creatively. With QuickLessons’ collaboration features, your developers can achieve this without being in the same physical location.
- Knowledge Sharing – it’s easy to share knowledge and best practices because collaboration between developers is built in to the system.
- Project Managers can focus on delivery and can keep tabs on what is being done by the development team.
- The solution is scalable – and new developers can be added as required.
- Leverage the skills of your virtual team – have instructional designers, writers, and graphic designers all working on the same course, from different locations.
As with any mobile workforce, you need a mindset change to manage a team who is dispersed around the globe. You need a level of trust to operate in this way. Focus on outcomes, rather than worrying about whether or not developers are working at a given time of the day.
2 Responses to “8 great reasons why you should use a cloud-based collaborative platform to develop eLearning content”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.